2013 Consumer Electronics Show (CES)
Top 10+ Helpful CES
By Barry Ross, Senior Editor
updated September 2012
The 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show was
in Las Vegas on January 8th - 11th in 2013. You and
an estimated 160,000+ other people will be making plans for the show next
Based on 20 years of attending the show, here are 10+
Top Tips for planning a successful trip.
|NEW Registration Tips For 2013 CES Show Attendees
The fee structure for admission to all
exhibits, TechZones, SuperSessions, keynotes and selected
conference sessions was changed. All dates are estimates and should beconfirmed on the official CES website. Please take note of
these important dates:
CES 2013 Online Registration
|Before September 1st 11:59pm EST - Don't Miss This Date
September 1st - 11:59 pm EST to
December 30th 5pm EST
|After December 30th 5:01 pm EST and On-site
Click Here to Register for CES
NOTE: You may want to Bookmark this page to use when planning your trip to CES 2013 in Las Vegas.
1. How to See the Show in Four Days....Plan, Plan & Plan
We recommend that you divide each day into a morning
plan, an afternoon plan and yes...an evening plan.
During the day you need to schedule your time or you will
miss key products, trends and contacts. The show is too big
not to do this.
The main Las Vegas Convention Center and the Sands Convention
Centers are extremely large. If you do not write down your
show goals in advance, you will NOT see the important 2012
technology and products.
An evening plan is important because you are in Las Vegas
for just a few nights...and you are there with 160,000 other
people from around the world... all trying to go out to dinner, see a show and catch a Taxi at night.
There are lots of fun vendor parties to attend, great
new shows and new restaurants.
See What's New in Las Vegas
2. CES Innovations Awards recognize
the most innovative consumer electronics (CE) products
in the industry's hottest product categories. Innovations
has become a hallmark for the best designed products in
consumer technology. The honorees are announced online
in the fall and are also featured during the show
in a special display at the Sands Expo and Convention Center/The
Venetian. source: CES website. Make sure you stop by this display to see all the top CES
3. Plan Extra Time to get around Las Vegas and the Show. There are 160,000+ people that attend the show with you...and you really feel it Day and Night. There are Long Lines for everything and everywhere. Be patient and plan to just wait. Bring an iPhone/iPod/Android filled with music and podcasts that you can listen to while you wait in the many lines. Note: The Monorail System goes right to the Las Vegas Convention Center from many of the top hotels.
Click here for more info on Las Vegas Transportation
4. Bring a Carry-on Suitcase or Backpack with Wheels during the show. Use it to keep your water, notebook, coat, umbrella, extra business cards and literature. There is 1.7+ million net square feet of exhibit space to walk...and you do not want to carry all of your "Stuff" on a shoulder bag.
5. Ideally, book your Hotel
Reservations as soon as possible to get some
of the best CES rates and hotel locations.
Here for the Best Las Vegas Hotel Deals left!
Visit the "What's New" in Las Vegas Section of the "Love to Eat and Travel" Web site to plan fantastic dining and fun events during your trip.
Click here to see "What's NEW" in Las Vegas
Make Group Dining Reservations in advance.
This restaurant list will give you a head start on the crowds.
Click here to check out the Las Vegas Top Restaurants
8. Schedule a round of Golf during your business trip.
Plan a golf event with clients or team members before or after CES.
Click here for a list of the Top Las Vegas Golf Courses.
9. Reserve tickets for " Fun Things to Do" for you, your Family, Clients or Employees. The top events sell out quickly. Reserve your tickets ASAP.
Las Vegas Sports Tickets
Top 15+ Las Vegas Tours - Reserve tours now before they are sold out
List of the Best Las Vegas Shows to attend while in Las Vegas
List of Fun Things To Do in Las Vegas when not at CES
Top 20 Fun Things to Do in Las Vegas During CES
10. Take Lots of Breaks during the day. Sit down and relax for 10 minutes...at least once in the morning and once mid-day. It does make a very big difference over the four days.
Here are a few more Tips...
11. Eat Breakfast & Review Your Plan for the
Day...every morning. This may sound simple to
you now. However, over the years it has greatly improved
each day at the show. You may want to take the CES Shuttle
Bus over to the show 30-60 minutes early to have a cup
of Coffee and "EAT Breakfast," Relax and Read
the "Daily CES" Newspaper before the doors open.
The food has improved over the years and there are excellent
new product announcements in the Daily Paper.
12. Don't forget to Buy Las Vegas
Save time at the show. Buy the Las Vegas Merchandise Gifts on our Las Vegas Gift Store. Have it shipped directly to your Home or Office...and have the gifts waiting for you when you get back from your trip.
All the products have a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee.
Note: You may want to buy "Las Vegas" gifts for You, Your Family, Business Associates, Trade Show Team Members, Customers, Clients, Prospects, Partners and the Press.
13. Buy Comfortable Shoes for the Show
- It makes a world of difference if you have the correct
shoes for this show. My favorites are Ecco footwear.
I found them 10 years ago and NEVER go to a trade show without
them on my feet. They give me six extra hours without my
feet hurting...They really work. You can buy them at Nordstroms
or other top Shoe Stores.
Note: If you forgot to bring comfortable shoes, run over
to either the Forum
Shops or the Fashion
Show Mall to pick up a pair.
14. Airport Service for $5 - Great Way to Save Money
CES provides an airport shuttle
during the last two days of the show. Check at the Show
for times and locations. You save money and it can be faster
than waiting on line for a taxi.
15. iPhone and iTouch CES 2013 Application
Don't go to CES without downloading the Free CES App. "Follow Me" is an interactive smartphone application designed specifically for the CES tradeshow industry, featuring real-time show alerts and interactive floor maps.
- Organize and schedule your tradeshow information on the fly or download it to your phone.
- Download exhibitor information rather than carrying marketing materials and brochures around the show.
- Navigate using interactive show floor maps.
- Enjoy complimentary coupons from local merchants for discounts and free offers.
More Info and to Download the CES iPhone App
Good luck with your business and don't forget to have fun
... It is Las Vegas :)
Back to our Main CES 2013 show page
The Adult Entertainment Show & Fan Fest is Jan 17-19 2013
Why is this here? We get many questions each year about the show. In the past, the annual Adult AVN Entertainment Show was held at the Sands Expo Center, Las Vegas at the same time as CES.
Now the show is held at the Hard Rock Hotel. It is a separate event open to the public and the industry. Note: You will NOT see the Adult Movie Stars anymore in the coffee shops, restaurants, bars and retail shops during CES.
NOTE: CES and "Consumer Electronics Show" are registered trademarks of the Consumer Electronics Association. Ross & Ross International is NOT affiliated with or endorsed by the CES or the Consumer Electronics Association.